Say hello to:
The Hangry Food Co
Food & Drink
You can find us at:
St Stephen's House
Or visit us at:
Tell us your business story to date...
We hangry nutters have always been interested in the latest health snacks, buying them daily in an attempt to meet our hangry needs. Taking an active interest in the product's ingredients and process, we found that many brands were not as healthy as they like to suggest.
We decided to make our own healthy snack bars to meet our needs. With hangry at the forefront of our minds, we researched the physiology behind the hangry mind and body state. To meet our needs, it was vital that we used natural ingredients, with the best hangry reducing properties and in a quantity that would suffice as a snack between meals. After seeking further advice from a nutritionist, we concentrated on our now essential hangry fighting ingredients, fruit, oats, nuts and seeds, to ensure great taste and texture as well as nutritional balance.
We launched Hangry to the masses in May 2016 and have been going from strength to strength, which we hope to continue to do so!
What can we look forward to seeing from you?
You can look forward to seeing new product lines, fun collaborations and a whole lot of Hangry humour. Our main goal is to make the health market less serious and more fun and approachable for the masses.
Can you share your 3 bits of advice for fellow entrepreneurs or anyone starting their own business?
Only 3, I have 3,000000 and counting. The main ones:
1. Perseverance - if at first you don't succeed...
2. Confidence - fake it until you make it.
3. Contacts - keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
*not actual enemies, but keep an eye on the competition!
What tools & resources have helped you in your startup journey?
I would have to pick out two in particular:
1. Internet Research - I cannot stress how important it is to keep learning, not only to round yourself more as a person, better understand the business world, but also to keep your start up costs down. In my last job I was a brand marketeer, as a founder of Hangry, my job description would be a cook, a markeeter, a salesperson, a web developer, a blogger, an accountant, a postman and logistics team rolled into one.
2. Contacts - Don't be scared to pick up the phone, contact someone on instagram or go to industry events to make new friends and seek out advice. I have been overwhelmed by the time, advice and support people have continued to offer me throughout my Hangry journey. When people offer their help don't be afraid to take it!
Is there anything you can offer to help other startup businesses?
We are always happy to share are lessons and learnings on the way. You do learn by doing, but mistakes can be costly!
Is there any help that are you looking for?
We are always looking to collaborate with other likeminded people! Especially looking for complimentary brands or personas in the wellness industry. One of our new brand platforms for 2017 is Hangry Yoga to rid your Hangry Y'ogre. Please get in touch if you would like to collaborate.